Charlotte is a passionate and experienced chamber music coach. She offers coaching to advanced ensembles of any formation, who are either preparing for recitals or who just want to build repertoire.
She founded and was Artistic Director of Chamber Music International, an international chamber music course that ran for eight years and was considered to be one of the best of its kind in Europe. It was designed for advanced chamber musicians and composers to study intensively and at an exceptionally high level.
“inspiring and visionary…I think it’s wonderful!” Sir Simon Rattle, patron
Charlotte’s ideal is to give intensive coaching sessions throughout an entire day as if it were a mini course. In this way, the ensemble can make enormous progress very quickly. Her minimum coaching session is 90 minutes.
During these sessions you will experience how to:
- Build excellent rehearsal skills
- Work together as an ensemble
- Get the best out of each player
- Understand your role within the ensemble
- Understand how the music is constructed
- Get to the essence of the music and how to interpret it
- Perform chamber music at the highest level
Charlotte offers coaching sessions in her studio in Oxford, which has a Steinway grand piano, ample space and is an ideal venue for chamber music. Alternatively, it can be at any other mutually convenient venue in either Oxford or London.